Happy Chinese New Year, 2018 the Year of the Dog!
Knowledge About Chinese Jade
Jade is Stone of China in the world; it is Stone of Heaven in China! In Chinese culture, "Gold has a value but jade is invaluable."
When you wear a jade item, the jade is warmed by body temperature, it may emits long-wave Bio-Spectrums, Negative Ion, Magnetic Super Long Waves to eliminate harmful waste toxins from your body.
Jade is natural gem stone found in mountains or riverbeds. True jade is generally classified into soft jade (nephrite) , so-called "ancient jade" and hard jade (jadeite) . Jade produced in China is mostly soft jade (nephrite). Most jade used in Chinese history is nephrite. Hard jade (jadeite) is mostly from Myanmar (Burma) after Ming Dynasty (about 600 years ago) or closed province of Yunnan in China. Generally speaking, jadeite is more popular and valuable than the nephrite after Qing dynasty in China. Most popular colors of jade are green and white.
Nephrite is one kind of Tremolite or Actinolite, naturally light green but may occur in any colors. Its chemical formula is Ca2(Mg,Fe)5Si8O22(OH)2, basic is calcium (Ca), magnesium (Mg), iron (Fe) and silicate (Si). Hardness: 4.0- 6.5. Nephrite is valued for its purity; its smooth glossy appearance, softer for fine carved or stamped.
Some of the famous Chinese Nephrite are:
1. "Huotian Jade" 和阗玉-- The most famous Nephrite is from Huotian, Xinjiang Province of China which has different colors included purity white (more Ca), green (more Fe and Mg), yellow (more Fe+++), brown (more brown iron ore), black or gray (more graphite).
2. "Xiuyan Jade" (Xiu-Yu) 岫玉 -- is from Xiuyan, Liaoning Province of China with white or light green color usually. It's the chemical combination of Serpentine and Tremolite. Chinese use Xiuyan Jade for more than 4000 years. It's one of the most popular Nephrite in market today.
3. "Lantian Jade" -- is from Lantian, Shanxi Province of China which is a famous blue or gray Nephrite. It's the chemical combination of Serpentine and Tremolite.
4. "Nanyang Jade" (also called "Dushan Jade") --is from Dushan area of Nanyang, Henan Province of China. It's the hardest Nephrite (hardness: 6.0-6.5). Chinese use Nanyang Jade for more than 6000 years.
5. "Fongtian Jade" --is from Taiwan.
6. "Zipao Jade" 紫袍玉 ("Purple Jade") --with beautiful colors of green and dark purple, is from Guizhou Province of China.
Jadeite is naturally light to dark green but may be cream, gray, white, or a mixture of white and light green. Occasionally also yellow, pink, purple, brown, and black or dark-red (more Fe). It is brighter, more vivid colorful and wear-resistanting. Jadeite is a mineral made up of Sodium (Na) aluminum (Al) silicate (Si), chemical formula is NaAlSi2O6, hardness is 7.0.
The more valuable common form of Jadeite today, known as "Imperial Jade", is emerald-green (more Cr) or burgundy (more Fe) in color, is called Feicui Jade 翡翠. Most Feicui stone is exported from Myanmar (Burma) to China (a few from Yunnan Province of China) where it is carved into gems and figures and known as "Chinese Jade" which is actually "Myanmar (Burman) Jade", to distinguish it from all other jade. "Chinese Jade", especially "Chinese Jadeite" has a higher market value all over the world, more valuable than Mexican Jade, Russian Jade, American Jade and Turkey Jade.
Most jade items sold on our website are Chinese (Myanmar) Jadeite. We sell the true jade items or high quality jade simulants (see below) but Not the very high quality jade jewelry which may cost you from $100 to $10000 each.
Some Jade Simulants are also called "jade" sometimes. These are gem stones too, but not true jade and their hardness is lower than jade, included 4 classes as following:
1. Serpentine: chemical formula is X 2-3 Si 2 O 5 (OH) 4 (X = Mg, Fe2+, Fe3+, Ni , Al, Zn, or Mn), hardness is 2.0-5.0.
2. Onyx Marble (Carbonate): chemical formula is Calcium carbonate (CaCO3), hardness is 2-3
3. Feldspar: Lapis Lazuli, included Lazulite, Lazurite etc.
4. Quartz: chemical formula is silicon dioxide (SiO2), quartz can be subdivided into 2 types -macrocrystalline and cryptocrystalline. Most common rock crystals 水晶 are macrocrystalline. The cryptocrystalline with hardness 7.0 and color is more close to true jade. One of the famous cryptocrystalline quartz is Agate 玛瑙 (Carnelian) which has burgundy color. It is also called "Red Jade" in China and has similar value to red Jadeite. Another cryptocrystalline quartz used as "jade" in Chinese history is jasper which lacks transparency, also called "Green Jade". Crystal and Agate both have the same chemical formula: SiO2, hardness is 7.0. So-called "Dong-Ling Jade" (Aventurine) with green, red or other colors from China, India or other countries is also belong to this group. This is the natural crystal stone but not the real jade.
Copyright by Longherb Health Products (LHP), USA. You are welcome to copy or reprint only if mentioning the source of Chinese-Zodiac-Symbols.com
|Click to More Our Websites:||acupuncture-cupping.com||chinese-green-teas.com||stopsmokingherbs.com|