Happy Chinese New Year, 2018 the Year of the Dog!
Knowledge About Chinese Jade
Jade is Stone of China in the world; it is Stone of Heaven in China! In Chinese culture, "Gold has a value but jade is invaluable."
When you wear a jade item, the jade is warmed by body temperature, it may emits long-wave Bio-Spectrums, Negative Ion, Magnetic Super Long Waves to eliminate harmful waste toxins from your body.
Jade is natural gem stone found in mountains or riverbeds. True jade is generally classified into soft jade (nephrite) , so-called "ancient jade" and hard jade (jadeite) . Jade produced in China is mostly soft jade (nephrite). Most jade used in Chinese history is nephrite. Hard jade (jadeite) is mostly from Myanmar (Burma) after Ming Dynasty (about 600 years ago) or closed province of Yunnan in China. Generally speaking, jadeite is more popular and valuable than the nephrite after Qing dynasty in China. Most popular colors of jade are green and white.
Nephrite is one kind of Tremolite or Actinolite, naturally light green but may occur in any colors. Its chemical formula is Ca2(Mg,Fe)5Si8O22(OH)2, basic is calcium (Ca), magnesium (Mg), iron (Fe) and silicate (Si). Hardness: 4.0- 6.5. Nephrite is valued for its purity; its smooth glossy appearance, softer for fine carved or stamped.
Some of the famous Chinese Nephrite are:
1. "Huotian Jade" 和阗玉-- The most famous Nephrite is from Huotian, Xinjiang Province of China which has different colors included purity white (more Ca), green (more Fe and Mg), yellow (more Fe+++), brown (more brown iron ore), black or gray (more graphite).
2. "Xiuyan Jade" (Xiu-Yu) 岫玉 -- is from Xiuyan, Liaoning Province of China with white or light green color usually. It's the chemical combination of Serpentine and Tremolite. Chinese use Xiuyan Jade for more than 4000 years. It's one of the most popular Nephrite in market today.
3. "Lantian Jade" -- is from Lantian, Shanxi Province of China which is a famous blue or gray Nephrite. It's the chemical combination of Serpentine and Tremolite.
4. "Nanyang Jade" (also called "Dushan Jade") --is from Dushan area of Nanyang, Henan Province of China. It's the hardest Nephrite (hardness: 6.0-6.5). Chinese use Nanyang Jade for more than 6000 years.
5. "Fongtian Jade" --is from Taiwan.
6. "Zipao Jade" 紫袍玉 ("Purple Jade") --with beautiful colors of green and dark purple, is from Guizhou Province of China.
Jadeite is naturally light to dark green but may be cream, gray, white, or a mixture of white and light green. Occasionally also yellow, pink, purple, brown, and black or dark-red (more Fe). It is brighter, more vivid colorful and wear-resistanting. Jadeite is a mineral made up of Sodium (Na) aluminum (Al) silicate (Si), chemical formula is NaAlSi2O6, hardness is 7.0.
The more valuable common form of Jadeite today, known as "Imperial Jade", is emerald-green (more Cr) or burgundy (more Fe) in color, is called Feicui Jade 翡翠. Most Feicui stone is exported from Myanmar (Burma) to China (a few from Yunnan Province of China) where it is carved into gems and figures and known as "Chinese Jade" which is actually "Myanmar (Burman) Jade", to distinguish it from all other jade. "Chinese Jade", especially "Chinese Jadeite" has a higher market value all over the world, more valuable than Mexican Jade, Russian Jade, American Jade and Turkey Jade.
Most jade items sold on our website are Chinese (Myanmar) Jadeite. We sell the true jade items or high quality jade simulants (see below) but Not the very high quality jade jewelry which may cost you from $100 to $10000 each.
Some Jade Simulants are also called "jade" sometimes. These are gem stones too, but not true jade and their hardness is lower than jade, included 4 classes as following:
1. Serpentine: chemical formula is X 2-3 Si 2 O 5 (OH) 4 (X = Mg, Fe2+, Fe3+, Ni , Al, Zn, or Mn), hardness is 2.0-5.0.
2. Onyx Marble (Carbonate): chemical formula is Calcium carbonate (CaCO3), hardness is 2-3
3. Feldspar: Lapis Lazuli, included Lazulite, Lazurite etc.
4. Quartz: chemical formula is silicon dioxide (SiO2), quartz can be subdivided into 2 types -macrocrystalline and cryptocrystalline. Most common rock crystals 水晶 are macrocrystalline. The cryptocrystalline with hardness 7.0 and color is more close to true jade. One of the famous cryptocrystalline quartz is Agate 玛瑙 (Carnelian) which has burgundy color. It is also called "Red Jade" in China and has similar value to red Jadeite. Another cryptocrystalline quartz used as "jade" in Chinese history is jasper which lacks transparency, also called "Green Jade". Crystal and Agate both have the same chemical formula: SiO2, hardness is 7.0. So-called "Dong-Ling Jade" (Aventurine) with green, red or other colors from China, India or other countries is also belong to this group. This is the natural crystal stone but not the real jade.
Jade in China is still seen as containing properties that promote good health, good luck and protection. Carved ritualistic and ornamental objects continue to play an indispensable role in many aspects of Chinese life. They are an eternal symbol of an ancient civilization.
Jade is the royal gemstone in China.
Jade is the extremely hard stone (6.5 to 7.0). It was a Royal Gemstone in China and Asia, used as the Emperor Seal in the Palace, as the totems and the Essence of Heaven and the Earth in eastern religion. Of all materials in the world of Chinese antiquities, jade best exemplifies the essential aspects of Chinese culture. It is used for both spiritual and ornamental purposes. It is the symbol of power and associated with heroes, the symbols of pure, noble and sublime, and stands for morality. It is also a symbol of ethics and norms. In ancient times, only aristocrats could own jade wares. The imperial seal of the Qin dynasty, the first feudal society in China, was made of jade.
Jade has been the symbol of love and virtue for thousands of years in China. It was used for ritual utensil, funeral utensils, accessories, currency, weapons, diplomatic gifts, musical instruments (since the sound is pleasing to the ear and travels far) and food containers. It was not just a piece of jewelry, it was a part of one's being -- a gentleman would never discard his jade ornaments in Chinese culture.
Chinese people believed that jade ornaments could resist invasion of evil influence and create safety. The Taoists believed jade could keep one immortal physically. Jade carvings are used as amulets to protect people from disease and calm their emotions with spirituality in Buddhism.
Confucius even concluded jade had many virtues, namely benevolence, fidelity, courtesy, etiquette, wisdom and sincerity, etc. Yu means jade and Di means king in Chinese, then Yu-Di means the King of Heaven.
It's perfect for necklace, tassel, ornament, amulet, jade pendants, jewelry, used for cellular phone, key chain, hand bag, or as birthday gift, feng shui charms, Feng shui symbolism, talisman.
You may select a Chinese Zodiac Symbol feng shui charm for Your Future, Your Goals, or a Problem by their Feng Shui Symbols;
You may select a Chinese Zodiac Symbol animal fengshui charm by matching the birth year to celebrate a Birthday of happiness and good luck;
You may select a Chinese Zodiac Symbol animal fengshui charm matched to this year for a good lucky wish for the whole year, except those people who are the animal of this year -- "Fan Tai Sui" *;
You may select a Chinese Zodiac Symbol animal feng shui charm matched to the following year for Happy New Year's gift;
You may select a Chinese Zodiac Symbol animal or feng shui charm to someone you love whose animal symbol is suitable to yours for good luck in the relationship between you, or
You may select a Chinese Zodiac Symbols jade animal charm suitable to someone's animal symbol for his or her good friendship.
*Fan Tai Sui -- It means that your name, your animal sign or something else against the God on Duty of This Year in Traditional Chinese Astrology. For example, the Pig and Snake are "Fan Tai Sui" in the Year of the Pig (2007).
Copyright by Longherb Health Products (LHP), USA. You are welcome to copy or reprint only if mentioning the source of Chinese-Zodiac-Symbols.com
|Our 5x Shopping Security: 1. SSL Secure Server, authorized Shipping Cart; 2. Your credit card charged will be checked by Our human staffs; 3. Guarantee to delete your credit card # from our computers; 4. 30 days Money-Back Guarantee (Read detail on Shopping Cart); 5. Enter your email address on order form and we'll email a Tracking No. for Delivery Confirmation of your package.|
Disclaimer: Feng Shui and Chinese Zodiacs are part of the Chinese culture for several thousand years in Asia. We collect and introduce this knowledge for information only, not as a formal advice.